Re: ERROR: In procedure ly:trampoline: ERROR: Wrong type argument in pos

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: ERROR: In procedure ly:trampoline: ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 3 (expecting Translator): #<freed cell 05CE59A0; GC missed a reference>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 05:19:03 +0100

> On 4 Jun 2019, at 01:58, Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 6/3/2019 8:02 PM, Joseph Srednicki wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I read some messages about this issue in the mail archive, but I have not
>> been able to get Lilypond to compile the attached file.
>>
>> I know that the attached example is not tiny, but I could not reproduce this
>> issue in a tiny example.
>>
>> The file compiled without errors until I reached line 266.
>>
>> Then I received the following error message:
>>
>> ]ERROR: In procedure ly:trampoline:
>> ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 3 (expecting Translator): #<freed
>> cell 05CE59A0; GC missed a reference>
>> Exited with return code 1.
>>
>> My environment is as follows:
>>
>> OS Name      Microsoft Windows 10 Home
>> Version      10.0.17134 Build 17134
>> 64 bit
>> Lilypond 2.19.82
>> Frescobaldi 3.0.1
>>
>> Thanks to anyone who can suggest how to resolve this issue.
>>
>> Joe Srednicki
>>

> Hi Joe,
>
> I downloaded your attachment and it compiles without error on Windows 10 x64
> Pro.

Joe, Ben,

I downloaded the attachment and likewise had no error on compiling it on Mac OS
X 10.13.6.

Lilypond version: 2.21.0
Frescobaldi 2.20.0

Looking at this thread:

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Strange-error-with-no-traceable-cause-td213613.html

suggests that there is a garbage-hunting fault in lilypond. This would fit in
with your difficulty in creating a minimum working example.

I haven’t studied your file in depth but I notice that line 266 is an
incomplete bar - would it help to pad it out with rests or spaces?
I also notice that there is no bar 36 in the “pedal” variable. In general,
Lilypond is very tolerant of such things, but they might make a difference here.

Michael

Michael