Re: ERROR: In procedure ly:trampoline: ERROR: Wrong type argument in pos

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ERROR: In procedure ly:trampoline: ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 3 (expecting Translator): #<freed cell 05CE59A0; GC missed a reference>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 23:00:30 +0200

Joseph Srednicki <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David:
> Thanks for your message.
> Based on your question about the Melody_engraver, I commented out the
> follow code in the layout block:
> %{  \context {    \Voice    \consists "Melody_engraver"    \override
> Stem #'neutral-direction = #'()  }  %}
>
> I then saved the file, and it compiled with no errors.
> Therefore, it sounds the possible answer to your question is yes.

Well, garbage collection errors can come and go with unrelated changes a
lot, so it would seem like you should experiment with some less minimal
examples of yours that fail and report whether this one change
_reliably_ cures the problem.  If it does, I have something more to work
with.

--
David Kastrup