Can't get bar numbers to show up

From: William Zeitler
Subject: Can't get bar numbers to show up
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:47:19 -0700

I want to have two staff groups, for purposes of illustration I have two staves per staff group. And for purposes of illustration the whole thing is in 4/4.

The first staff group has a figure that is 3 bars long, and the second has one 4 bars long. I'm showing double bars at each repetition -- every 3 bars in the first staff group and every 4 bars in the second. This is what I wanted to accomplish. To do this I had to use:

    \context {
      \Score
      \remove "Timing_translator"
      \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    }

In fact, the example does everything I want, except I can't figure out how to get bar numbers to show up! Ideally one per bar at the top, but a bar number at the beginning of each system would be almost as good!

Attached is the complete barnumbers.ly

So many thanks,

William Zeitler