Re: How can I set this piano music?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How can I set this piano music?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:49:49 +0200

On 12.06.19 22:20, Leo Correia de Verdier wrote:
left = \relative c {
  \global
  <<{r8 f8 as4}\\b,2>> es4 es, \fermata |
}

Sorry, but in this case I have to correct the code formatting. We don’t have a strict code formatting policy for LilyPond in place, but the rules followed by the manuals, source code, and Frescobaldi’s autoformatting provide good guidance. The above example would be much more readable like this:

left = \relative c {
  \global
  << { r8 f8 as 4 } \\ { b,2 } >> es4 es, \fermata |
}

The spaces may not be technically necessary, but if you’re at all going to share code with others, please put them in.

Best, Simon