Re: How to get more measures on one line?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How to get more measures on one line?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:43:14 -0700

On 2019-06-15 2:20 pm, Mia Heaton wrote:
So i'm trying to write out some music, and everything is spaced way
too far apart, each line is being occupied by a single measure and I'm
not sure how to condense it more to fit multiple measures on a line.
I'm using Frescobaldi to write Lilypond, and I used the built in score
wizard to create the document I'm working in. I haven't changed any
other settings, only things there are what the wizard did for me and
the music I inputted. Anybody know how to fix this? I'm definitely not
smart when it comes to the technical aspects of Lilypond so simple
explanations are appreciated.

Without a minimal working example [1], it will be difficult to provide any specific advice.

Try looking at the documentation regarding horizontal spacing [2] in the event that note spacing is what is preventing LilyPond from fitting multiple measures on a line. But if your music is dense enough, you may need to adjust the line width on the page and/or the global staff size to be able to fit more content.

[1]: http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html
[2]: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/changing-horizontal-spacing

-- Aaron Hill