Re: Strange space between beam and slur

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Strange space between beam and slur
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:45:20 +0200

Hi Andrew,

May be a bug, but I always use explicit voices, not '//' constructs. I find it is just better but.
For larger projects I always use explicit instantiation of voices. But I simplified to usage of { } \\ { } in the process of creating the MWE.
You play with the rests, but this works:

Yep, triggering the error seems to be quite volatile with respect to changes in the code. It was not completely trivial to arrive at the MWE I posted since removing some bars etc. from my original chorale setting quite often un-triggered the bug.

For the sake of completeness, I attach the original image where the bug first turned up for me (bar 10). (Funnily, this was a typesetting experiment with a friend of mine who uses Dorico, and we wanted to compare results. As can be expected, LilyPond did _very_ well - except fro this one issue...)

Best
Lukas