Re: Automatic syncopated beams crossing bars?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Automatic syncopated beams crossing bars?
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 22:01:26 +0200

On 23.06.19 21:21, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Is it somehow possible to tweak the automatic beaming to produce beams that cross bar lines?

I’m quite sure that’s beyond the current auto-beaming algorithm. What I’d suggest is relaying the beams to a music expression of their own:

\context Voice <<
  \relative c' {
    \time 2/4
    \tempo "Desired beaming, externalised into separate music expression"
    c4. c8 |
    \repeat unfold 13 { d c d c | }
  }
  {
    \override Beam.breakable = ##t
    s4. s8[
    \repeat unfold 12 { s] s[ s] s[ }
    s] s[ s]
  }

That’s at least more convenient for working with the code.

Best, Simon