Re: Help with tweaks

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Re: Help with tweaks
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:16:58 -0500

Perfect, thanks!

Evan

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Evan,
How about: -\tweak X-offset #3  ^\markup{\italic "long"}
Cherrs,
Pierre

Le dim. 23 juin 2019 à 21:59, Evan Driscoll <address@hidden> a écrit :
So first, thanks again for the people who replied to my last questions.

Now I've got a problem with a measure that is too busy where I want to space some things out. I'm pretty new to this level of fine tuning, and still trying to figure things out. Here's the relevant section:

  \language "english"

  \relative c' {
    \time 3/4

    R1*3/4 |
    ef4-._"(du talon.)" r8 bf'-. bf4-. |
    ef,4-.
    g2->
   _\markup{\italic "dim."}
   \fermata
   ^\markup{\italic "long"}

    R1*3/4
  }

What I would like to do is put the "long" to the right of the fermata. I could tweak it over there with extra-offset, but that would leave the fermatta as-is, and I'd prefer that it's automatically placed, once "long" has been moved out of the way. What should I do to make this happen?

Evan