Re: Error message

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Error message
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 20:22:30 +1000

And the guilty line is ...

\consists "Melody_engraver"
%\override Stem.neutral-direction = #'()

Commenting out the \override Stem.neutral-direction line fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

All the best,

Craig

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 19:08, Jean ABOU SAMRA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 24 juin 2019 à 20:40, Aaron Hill <address@hidden> a écrit :
>

> To the list at large: Any folks here with expertise in running LilyPond under a debugger on a Mac?  At this point, Craig is likely going to have to get us a stack trace since only he is able to reproduce the error without sharing the whole project.  Since my knowledge on that platform is extremely limited, I cannot shepherd any further.

Well, you can use GDB or LLDB but neither one is as simple as that. GDB would be a well-standardized solution as LilyPond is compiled using GCC but LLDB is the default on Mac OS so GDB is not so easy to set up. LLDB should be usable on GCC-compiled programs, but I think there can sometimes be compatibility issues.

Craig, can you share the whole project or not? If not, could you provide the most minimal example you have found so that other people using Mac OS can investigate further with an example that triggers the issue?

Regards,
Jean Abou Samra