Re: Get the context name of grob object

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Get the context name of grob object
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 19:02:22 +0200

Nils Nommensen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> I am currently experimenting with Lilypond and its internal functions and
> have a question regarding grobs:
> Is it somehow possible to get a unique identifier of the context a given
> grob object is in?

A grob object is not as much _in_ a given context but announced _from_ a
context.  grob-acknowledgers of an engraver receive their own engraver
as one argument and the source engraver as another.  Checking the
ly:translator-context of the source engraver should give you the closest
you can get to what you want.  Short of what grob-acknowledgers get to
see, there is no record what context a grob originated from.

--
David Kastrup