Re: LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 on Ubuntu 18.04

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 on Ubuntu 18.04
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:01:06 +0200

Il giorno gio 18 lug 2019 alle 14:37, Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Back in March of this year (2019), there was a brief discussion about installing Guile 1.8 on Ubuntu 18.04, so that ly 2.20 could run. I tried to follow the suggestions, but was unsuccessful.

Can you link to the instructions which did not work?
And what did not work exactly? Please paste the error.

You can try what you find here for Debian:
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/blob/master/mkosi/debian/mkosi.postinst#L42

I've pasted the lines here and added sudo for the last two commands:

git clone -b branch_release-1-8 --single-branch https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guile.git guile-1.8
cd guile-1.8
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-error-on-warning --prefix=/usr/local
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig