Re: How to increase the distance between staves?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between staves?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:01:58 +0100

On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 18:26 +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
> Am Mi., 24. Juli 2019 um 17:52 Uhr schrieb Richard Shann
> <address@hidden>:
> >
> > On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 12:54 +0100, Peter Toye wrote:
> > > I want to increase the distance between the staves
> >
> > I've just been asked a similar question of address@hidden and
> > looking into it I came up with the following example which has a
> > variety of \layout {} blocks with which I'm trying to influence the
> > spacing between the staffs within the staff groups and between a
> > staff
> > group and the following staff(-group). I've included examples
> > overriding StaffGrouper.xxx and VerticalAxisGroup.xxx but I can't
> > find
> > anything that affects the typeset.
>
> You try to set
> StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing
> in StaffGroup, but the score has none.

Ah, I was imagining StaffGroup was some sort of parent of ChoirStaff,
PianoStaff etc, rather than just another context on the same level. I'm
guessing then that you can't set the spacing in some sort of parent
context so that, say, all staff groups have extra space within?

>  Try to do it in ChoirStaff.
> Doing similar in Staff will have no effect, as well Staff doesn't
> contain multible staves ...

Thanks, that's got things working for me. Thanks too to Jean Abou
Samra.

Richard