Re: Alternating text and music

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Alternating text and music
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 14:03:47 -0500

On Sat 27 Jul 2019 at 18:57:35 (+0200), David Kastrup wrote:
> David Wright <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Just a thought ... can't lily chuck out png's? I've never used it, but
> >> if it can chuck out one png per line it'll cost a little bit of effort
> >> to assemble it in your word processor of choice, but you could import
> >> them, and then put the text between the lines.
> >
> > I would advise against that because PNGs are rastered. The hint is in
> > the name: portable-Network-graphics.
>
> Uh, what in the name indicates rasterisation?

Perhaps I was a little oblique: "Network" indicates that the format is
designed for transfer of images over the network, rather than between
local applications. Compromises are made in favour of smaller size and
higher transmission speed, rather than maintaining resolution; not
desirable for engraving pages of music.

I'm not overconcerned whether people see this as a hint not to use
PNGs in this workflow. But I assume you're not supporting their
use, are you.

Cheers,
David.