Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of

From: kimfierens
Subject: Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of first staff?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:21:55 -0700 (MST)

Hi Urs and Alexander,

Sorry about the late reply. I had some trouble getting LuaLaTeX set up
properly.

Unfortunately none of your proposed solutions produced entirely satisfactory
results. For some odd reason, the one note examples work pretty well, but as
soon as more notes are added to a staff, the staffs are whacked out of
alignment.

Additionally, I find it difficult to get all the snippets equal width.

To be honest, it seems a bit disappointing that a sophisticated piece of
software (which LilyPond obviously is) seems unable to accomplish what the
18th century engraver probably took no more than a ruler and some elbow
grease.