Re: Input syntax question

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Input syntax question
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 03:09:55 -0700 (MST)

Aaron Hill wrote
> Well, I was commenting more on the use of syntactic elements and emoji
> within the name.
>
> I use letters (e.g. ChorusA, ChorusB) and Roman numerals (e.g. StanzaI,
> StanzaII) when naming variables, to avoid the need to use actual numbers
> that could be confused for durations.  So far, it seems to work well.
>
> That said, I have considered switching to quoted names in a few special
> cases, since "Psalm 146" renders better than PsalmCXLVI.
>

> -- Aaron Hill

Thanks for the clarification. I really often encounter that problem, for
instance I'm currently working on a project with 35 pieces and 2 pianos. My
variable names are something like : XXXIII-ensemble.PII-LHI ... which I
don't find very easy to read... I think this quoted names solution may help
me in a lot!