Re: 64 bit

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: 64 bit
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 15:37:50 +0200 (CEST)

> It may be the case that only lilypond-devel is actively maintained,

Probably true.  I only take care of `lilypond-devel' and know nothing
of `lilypond'.

> but it was reported on the devel list that the dependency gcc8
> didn’t build.

The patch to fall back to gcc9 has been applied to the git repository
already.

> Curiously, it is not listed as a dependency for port lilypond.

MacPorts tries to avoid explicit dependencies on compilers.  Instead,
possibly working compilers are added to the fallback list, and not
working compilers are added to the blacklist.

> Maybe if a compiler is not listed as a dependency, it will just take
> what is currently installed.

Yes.

    Werner