Re: Qsynth not producing sound when used from within frescobaldi

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Qsynth not producing sound when used from within frescobaldi
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:38:34 -0500

I had the same problem with QSynth. But I cannot recall how/if I fixed it (I've since given up using my old MacBook once Apple also gave up on it in favor of a new Surface Laptop). But there may be a work-around.

If you run fluidsynth from the command line into shell mode (type fluidsynth then return), load the soundfont (load filename; needs to be the complete path to the sound font), you can then use a command to show the current settings, that will include the port fluidsynth is using (Help from the shell prompt should help you find it, I can't remember it off the top of my head). Now confirm that FB is using a device with that port number. That's the first thing. This gets a connection from FB to fluidsynth. It should work this way without using QSynth.

GS