Re: Double-underline markup

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Double-underline markup
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 14:22:35 +1100

I have not seen anything get added to lilypond proper for a long time. I may be wrong, but it's immensely difficult to get changes to core it would seem. Fair enough too. That's why openlilylib exists.

But in fact, while I think this is neat code, I personally strongly disapprove of underlining, single or double, being a dreary minded classical typographer myself, and underlining is generally frowned upon anyway in fine printing (maybe music is not fine printing?) So I would not actually want to see this encouraged, even though I can see people have uses for it.

cheerio!
Andrew