Re: midi instrument for ChordNames

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: midi instrument for ChordNames
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:15:47 +0200

Am Mo., 21. Okt. 2019 um 11:12 Uhr schrieb Sandro Santilli <address@hidden>:

> I can't get anything but a piano rendering of ChordNames staff,
> can other instruments be used ? If so, how ?
>
> This is my sheet snippet:
>
>   <<
>     \new ChordNames {
>       \set midiInstrument = "flute" % does not work here
>       \harmony
>     }
>     \new Staff
>     {
>       \set Staff.midiInstrument = "flute" % works fine here
>       \new Voice = "vocal" { \melody }
>     }
>   >>

> Thanks in advance
>
> --strk;

Hi,

please always provide a MWE, with the lily-version in it.

Anyway, I assume you're at 2.18.2 (it would have worked out of the box
with 2.19.83)
For _Staff_ you do _Staff_.midiInstrument.
Why not _ChordNames_.midiInstrument for ChordNames then?
Even better to use a \with for it, p.e.
\new ChordNames \with { midiInstrument = "flute" }

HTH,
  Harm