octavating slurs

From: David Olson
Subject: octavating slurs
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 19:10:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Lilyponders,

If the basses are octivating, and I want a slurrish curve for the top note,

and another slur for the bottom,

is this possible?

 <a a,>( <b b,>)

• This only gives one slur, from the "a" at the top of the staff to the "b" also at the top.

• It would be elegant to have the slur repeated below.

Similarly  for

 d4( <g g,>)

• it would be nice to have two slurs originating from the "d".

This is for sight-singing fun; I'll hand out a song sheet, we'll spend 2 or 3 minutes on this, once through, then sing something else.

So, for the basses who take the profound option, it would be nice if there was a slur symbol right where their eyes are focused

If it can't be done, we'll live with it...

TIA,

David Olson