Re: input code

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: input code
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 20:53:29 -0500

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:13 PM Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Freeman,

I still don't understand your aim here. Are you just trying to
understand the lilypond code or do you have some specific purpose or
application? It would help to know.

Andrew

Someday I may write a markup up for some accidentals.   This may help me understand what I am doing with markup.   For how I just want to know a little about how lexer reads the pitch, the octave. accidental and note size; and I may not be able to do that any way.   I know nothing about flex and just learned it existed today.    Also, I would like to see how the markup works around the accidental to place a string in it space.     I read some of Separating input language and formatter in GNU Lilypond, and found it interesting.   Looking for more details.

I do not need to know all this to learn how to write a markup; just like to understand a little about how it works around the accidental.      But I do need to learn more about scheme and markups.

Thank you,
ƒg