Re: LilyPond 2.21.81 installer on MacOS 11

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.21.81 installer on MacOS 11
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 14:29:17 +0100

> On 3 Dec 2020, at 11:36, Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 02.12.2020 um 18:54 schrieb Hans Åberg <haberg-1@telia.com>:
>>

>>> On 2 Dec 2020, at 18:30, Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski@t-online.de>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have just tried - does not install on Catalina, macOs 11 required.
>>
>> Good to know. The other way around worked, though one cannot be sure the
>> installed program is fully correct.
>>

> One addition:
>
> The LilyPond 2.21.81 works on Catalina when installed through MacPorts (as
> expected).

If you can run directly from MacPorts, that is better, as it is regularly
updated. I found though MacOS 11 more stable than 10.15, but make a backup
before upgrading: The first release deleted the Sent messages in Mail, but
hopefully fixed by now.

Also, to update the command-line tools, I had to remove them [1] and then do
'xcode-select --install', otherwise the SDKs in
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools are not updated.

1.
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2339/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40014588-CH1-HOW_CAN_I_UNINSTALL_THE_COMMAND_LINE_TOOLS_