Use TTF font for text in working directory?

From: Stefan Hante
Subject: Use TTF font for text in working directory?
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 21:35:30 +0100

Hello everyone!

I'm using a TTF font for Notenames by

\context NoteNames {
   \override NoteName.font-name = "customFont"

I am on Windows and at the moment I have copied the customFont.ttf to the directory C:\Users\<MyUserName>\.fonts\

I find this a little unintuitive. Is it somehow possible to tell Lilypond to look for the .ttf file in the working directory, ie. the directory in which the .ly file is that is being compiled?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Stefan

PS: Simply "installing" the font did not work (which I didn't even want in the first place), so I went with putting it in that directory which no other programs seem to ever use.