Re: Mass file linting

From: David Menéndez Hurtado
Subject: Re: Mass file linting
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:27:52 +0100

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 at 21:59, Fr. Samuel Springuel <rpspringuel@gmail.com> wrote:
I’ve developed a large collection of music files over several years have recently noticed that there are some stylistic formatting deviations in some of them and so I’m looking for a tool that will check all my files for these problems (and ideally fix them).  I can do this in Frescobaldi using Tools->Code Formatting->Format, but I’m looking for a command-line option that I can use to fix my files en masse (and eventually incorporate into a check-in hook on my git repositories to prevent this from happening again).  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to pull this off?

pip install python-ly
ly "reformat" input.ly > output.ly

That runs exactly the same that Frescobaldi does. More documentation: https://pypi.org/project/python-ly/

I found it poking around the Frescobaldi source, found something called reformat
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/blob/f01cdbe2baee93f3ab361647a42885a1cfab6b40/frescobaldi_app/reformat.py#L46

That calls ly.reformat.reformat
https://github.com/frescobaldi/python-ly/blob/master/ly/reformat.py#L102

/David.