\bar "" as discretionary break point without affecting spacing

From: Daniel Tobias Johansen Langhoff
Subject: \bar "" as discretionary break point without affecting spacing
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:25:18 +0100

Hi!

I have some unmetered music in which I want to put discretionary line
breaks at the end of verse lines. Currently I am using \bar "". This
however, affects the spacing, most notably the position of the breath
marks. Is there any way to achieve this without spacing issues?

lineEnd = { \breathe \bar "" }

\score {
  \relative f' {
    \key f \major
    \omit Score.TimeSignature
    \cadenzaOn
    f4 a2 bes4 c2 bes4 a2 g4 a2 \lineEnd
    a4 a2 g4 bes4( a) g4 f2( e4) f2 \lineEnd
    f4 a2 bes4 c2 bes4 a2 g4 a2 \lineEnd

Kind regards,
Daniel Tobias