Re: keyAlterationOrder

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: keyAlterationOrder
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 16:40:39 -0500

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 1:02 PM Mark Stephen Mrotek <carsonmark@ca.rr.com> wrote:

I read through the Key_Engraver, url above, and related KeySignature and KeyCancellation.

The only details there, which I think I know, is how the pairs are constructed in the keyAlterationOrder.   And they have it wrong.    I believe it should read:  … step is a number from 0 to 6 and alter from  -2 (flat) to 2 (sharp)?   (Not -2 (sharp) to 2 (flat).)

No details are given as to how the alist order is read or constructed.    I do see The 5th in the pairs (step).   I know that the alist cannot be read with assoc, at least in its simple form.

Any suggestions were the details of the keyAlterationOrderis explained?

Thank you, ƒg

Mark