Extend all hairpins over time signature changes

From: N Trocado
Subject: Extend all hairpins over time signature changes
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:52:30 +0000

I like to have hairpins cut through barlines, extending to the note that ends them on the first beat of the next bar, whenever there's a time signature change. Stopping short of the barline in this case, as is the default, leaves a bit too much space between the end of the hairpin and the dynamic symbol.
I know that I can \override Hairpin.to-barline = ##f. But would it be possible to configure the default behavior to work as described, instead of spraying overrides everywhere?