Re: Extracting pitch of first note, then assign duration

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Extracting pitch of first note, then assign duration
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 18:06:33 +0100

Silvain Dupertuis <silvain-dupertuis@bluewin.ch> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> You might find some hints in a piece I have done lately:
> a score of  J.S. Bach's
> <https://nextcloud.silvain-dupertuis.net/index.php/s/TKNcaQdNbyBSpcE>Well-Tempered
> Clavier Praeludium I
> Where I wrote functions to create the score programmatically

Personally, I prefer synthesizing rather than analyzing music.  In
particular, it makes it easy to explicitly code exceptions.  Check out
the second example in input/regression/make-relative.ly for a sketch.
It includes all the exceptions for the prelude, and you can easily
copy&paste much of your note entry to provide the rest.  I probably have
it somewhere in complete form on disk, too.

--
David Kastrup