Get default Gliss endpoint Y value and add intelligently a value on top

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Get default Gliss endpoint Y value and add intelligently a value on top of it
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 21:30:00 +0200

I don't like manually setting Y values of glissando endpoints. I'd appreciate a more thoughtful approach.
Is it possible to reference the calculation Lilypond already does and add a value to it without trying to guesstimate what the actual value is from scratch? The default placement is sometimes 95% fine but I'd like to nudge it a bit upwards or downwards without tweaking the padding.

This makes cross-staff glissando editing really annoying. If my thinking makes sense, this would solve the problem partially since Lilypond will do its best each time the staff spacing gets changed but the tweak will help on top of that.