Custom Format

From: Callum Cassidy-Nolan
Subject: Custom Format
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:30:45 +0000

Hi there,

I have just become aware of lilypond.

I would love to use it, but I have a particular way I interact with music.

Particularly I don't use letter names, but instead I use numbers, to understand what I mean, please take a look at my document: https://gitlab.com/cuppajoeman/music/-/blob/master/diagrams/standard_to_semitones.pdf

I just saw a basic example in the documentation, something like this:

\version "2.22.0"
{
  c' e' g' e'
}
In my system I would write something like this:

\version "2.22.0"
{
  0' 4' 7' 4'
}
I am assuming some sort of parsing could be done to my files to convert it into the correct format, and then could be parsed by lilypond. Could anyone let me know how I could do something like this?
Thanks in advance,
sig_smaller.png