Slurs and multiple voice writing in piano music

From: Gabriel Borin
Subject: Slurs and multiple voice writing in piano music
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:58:35 -0500

Hello,

I have been trying Lilypond for a week now. For practice, I am trying to copy a few piano pieces I am familiar with. In one of them, Chopin´s Prelude n.2, I have been struggling to produce the output below (last four bars of the prelude).

I couldn't manage to tie the A across the bars, due to the voice change. And also in the second to last chord I have the same struggle. Every slur that I open outside the <<{...} \\  {...}>> syntax, I am not able to close. How should I proceed?

Sincerely,

Gabriel