Re: More efficient way to code some fingering?

From: Paul McKay
Subject: Re: More efficient way to code some fingering?
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:10:19 +0100

And if you don't really need the '-' in "4-5" you can reduce
c^\finger "2" ^\finger "5-4"
c^2^54
because LilyPond interprets any list of numbers as a fingering.
HTH
Paul

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 21:02, Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> wrote:
Hello Joseph,

\finger is only really necessary for using a markup as fingering indication
(like in \finger "5-4"). For simple numeric fingerings you can always use ^/-/_
with a number. So instead of fs^\finger "2" ^\finger "5" simply do ^2^5.

Cheers,
Valentin