Re: Alternative to Frescobaldi

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Alternative to Frescobaldi
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 11:23:47 +1000

Well well. Alma Linux is indeed a fine distro, but now I agree with you about dependencies on this linux. Part of the process to install PyQt4 is to install enough of Qt4 to get qmake and that's a nightmare. It's absurdly complicated. And Qt4 has been obsoleted anyway, making this all that much harder.

How committed are you to Alma Linux? At this point I would recommend a distro that you don't have to fight with, such as Ubuntu, which has frescobaldi in the repo anyway.

If you cannot or will not change from Alma Linux I can push on. Do let me know.

Andrew