Re: docs about Rest vertical position

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: Re: docs about Rest vertical position
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:47:39 +0000

Just a simple example. Could be the start of a minimal music thing.

violin = \relative c'' {
  c16 d e f] g [a b c]
  c,16 [d\rest e f] g [a b c]
  c,16 [d e\rest f] g [a b c]
  c,16 [d e f\rest ] g [a b c]
  c,16 [d e f] g\rest [a b c]
  c,16 [d e f] g [a\rest b c]
  c,16 [d e f] g [a b\rest c]
  c,16 [d e f] g [a b c]
  \bar "|."
}

Vriendelijke groet, Eef

Op 3 sep. 2022, om 11:13 heeft Martín Rincón Botero <martinrinconbotero@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hi Eef,

When composing; arranging it happens often that a note is skipped (read: turned into a ‘rest’). Think about note patterns what repeat, with small variations. Then the note/rest does the job perfectly. The pattern is kept. The rest is exactly on the place the note would have been.

Would you mind putting a short example of what you mean? Also in which musical context? Jazz perhaps?

—Martín.