Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 03:27:46 +1000

Thanks David,

I'll incorporate your suggestions. Note that this was specifically about gvim not vim, but I can add in vim as well, since it is so closely related. There's still stuff here that is not covered in the NR,. such as window focus with the mouse that I think is useful. However, looking more closely now at the NR it looks like this file was a waste of time, as it is all covered the now. [I wonder if some bits came from my original screed? :-)] I'm guilty of not reading the current NR closely. Incidentally I use EDITOR for everything, not a different editor for lilypond, but that's a valid point re LYEDITOR. My notes reflect my bias.

The gvim annoying error message and press ENTER to continue is still not resolved even in version 9 but I am determined to find an answer even it it means patching the source code. Currently it really makes gvim much less felicitous than it ought to be for this application.

I don't know if it is worth mentioning but emacs on Alma Linux at least totally carks it when used in this manner with emacs as as server. But emacs has the courtesy to print out that this is a known bug, then promptly dies!

But my notes are really redundant since the NR does cover pretty much all, so I guess the recommendation can be changed to RTNR. :-)

Andrew