Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 10:10:00 +1000

This note was to help out with Alma Linux, so I have not tried on other distros as yet, but using vim in server mode is a failure as bad as emacs. It prints a message correctly claiming input is not from a terminal and hangs, and then, weirdly, it hangs evince as well which has to be forced to quit. Not exactly a happy state.

That's on vim compiled from the latest source, version 9.0.381.

Personally I don't use Alma Linux, was just doing this for the OP of the thread about Frescobaldi alternatives. But I am getting the impression that while Alma Linux is a great enterprise class server system, it may not be the optimal choice for Lilypond. Nevertheless, I will continue to study the matter.

Andrew