Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Getting point and click going with gvim on Alma Linux
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 10:27:29 +1000

Worse, /usr/bin/vim in Alma Linux will not run the --servername option as it is built without it. You'd have to build vim from source. Vim on Arch Linux is built with that option, I checked. Once more, a disadvantage of Alma Linux.

Also, having originally said to use the flatpack version of Frescobaldi, for me it is unusable (though it worked once the first time, and not thereafter) as it shows all sorts of strange file paths under /run, and not my home directory. For me on Alma Linux that is also a failure.

Do not misinterpret me - I think Alma Linux is really excellent. Just not in the context of the Lilypond application area.

Andrew