Re: How to get .ly from .pdf

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How to get .ly from .pdf
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 02:02:25 -0700

On 2022-09-07 1:44 am, Paul McKay wrote:
Hi
I'm planning to learn Chopin's Prelude Op28 No4. I looked on Imslp and
found that Mr Snortum has already turned it into .ly. That was going to be my next move because I need to add my own fingering and dynamics. On the IMSLP page Knute says that the .ly files are included. (I have spotted that
exporting the lilypond source when making a PDF is an option in
Frescobaldi.) All the searches I have done just talk about how LilyPond
exports to PDF. Can someone please tell me how to retrieve such the .ly
from the .pdf.

There is a separate download link for the source files.

If you expand the entry, you can see the individual preludes and at the bottom is "Engraving Files (LilyPond)" [1].

[1]: https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/800964/hfjn

-- Aaron Hill