Re: Use of NeoVim and Lilypond

From: Simon Martineau
Subject: Re: Use of NeoVim and Lilypond
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 12:38:26 +0200

Colin, I think I have it :

The plugin use api functions only available in Neovim 0.7.0+ :

https://github.com/nanotee/nvim-lua-guide/blob/master/README.md#defining-user-commands

What is your current version ? (type `:version` in nvim)

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 09:22:49AM +0100, Colin Baguley wrote:
Hi Jean
Thank you so much for that link - at first glance it looks perfect but I'm
afraid at the moment I can't get it to work - probably because of my
inexperience and ineptitude rather than a fault with the program!
I have added the two required plugins to my init-vim, and have run :PlugInstall
but I'm not sure what to do from here.
I opened a test.ly lilypond file and I assumed I could test by running (in
nvim) the command :LilyCmp  to compile it but the error came up as E492 Not an
Editor Command
Do you have any suggestions as what to do next?
Thank you for your time
Colin

On Wed, 7 Sept 2022 at 19:13, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

   Le 07/09/2022 à 20:11, Colin Baguley a écrit :
   > Hi - I realise there are some instructions for integrating 'vim' and
   > 'lilypond' but could anybody point me where to look for how to use
   > 'neovim' - which is supposed to be an advance on 'vim' - it certainly
   > uses different configuration files.
   > vim uses ~/.vimrc
   > neovim uses ~/.config/nvim/init.vim
   > Can we still use the same plugin for neovim
   > Thanks for your help

   Have you seen this?

   https://github.com/martineausimon/nvim-lilypond-suite

   Best,