Re: Hairpins can continue around line breaks but not page breaks?

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: Hairpins can continue around line breaks but not page breaks?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 20:19:13 -0700

Hi Kieren;

  Yeah, I didn't state my question as precisely as I meant to.

  This arranger uses the mixture of styles **in the same action**
(what is a better way to state this?)

  I think it is fine to use text the first time, then use a hairpin
for the next time, etc; but these are distinct actions.

  Anyway, I was able to get the hairpin to work if I disabled the
forced line break and the forced page break.

  I tried fiddling around with "\override Hairpin.to-barline = ##f"
from "Controlling spanner visibility after a line break" in the
Snippets Reference, but apparently I don't know how to use that
properly, as it looks like a NO-OP :-)

Thanks,
Ken