function to recognise voice crossings?

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: function to recognise voice crossings?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:53:43 +0000

Hello all,

I write mostly arrangements where I bring a melody voice down to the double
bass (my instrument :-))

Double bass is written an octave higher then sounding, so a lot of times, the
score lookes OK, but in fact there are voice crossings between lefthand of
piano and the double bass (what gives unwanted/unpleasant voice crossings.

To check this, I transpose the double bass voice down an octave and manually
check the boths voices.

Wonder if there is a function in lilypond to do this fastly. Like the coloured
noteheads when checking a voice against the ambitus of an instrument.

Regards, Eef