Re: function to recognise voice crossings?

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: function to recognise voice crossings?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:18:35 +0100

On 16/09/2022 12:53, Eef Weenink wrote:
To check this, I transpose the double bass voice down an octave and manually
check the boths voices.

Wonder if there is a function in lilypond to do this fastly. Like the coloured
noteheads when checking a voice against the ambitus of an instrument.

Or just use the "correct" clef :-)

The trombone is written a ninth higher than sounding, so I transpose it down a second (to deal with the B-flat-ness) and then use the treble_8 clef to print it correctly.

That way, all your notes are correct, both as regards lily's internal pitch, and as they appear on the page.

Cheers,
Wol