Re: function to recognise voice crossings?

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: Re: function to recognise voice crossings?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 18:58:46 +0000

I will check this. Thanks

Met vriendelijke groet, Eef

H.E. Weenink MBA

Op 16 sep. 2022 om 18:56 heeft Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> het volgende geschreven:

Hi Eef,

Am 16.09.22 um 13:53 schrieb Eef Weenink:
I write mostly arrangements where I bring a melody voice down to the double bass (my instrument :-))

Double bass is written an octave higher then sounding, so a lot of times, the score lookes OK, but in fact there are voice crossings between lefthand of piano and the double bass (what gives unwanted/unpleasant voice crossings.

To check this, I transpose the double bass voice down an octave and manually check the boths voices.

Wonder if there is a function in lilypond to do this fastly. Like the coloured noteheads when checking a voice against the ambitus of an instrument.

This reminds me of a function I wrote last year to automatically colourise the lowest sounding pitch in a score. (In my case, this was for harmonic analysis of canons.) See attached.

Maybe this could be used or at least adapted?

Lukas