Different MIDI Velocity settings for different instruments?

From: Petr Pařízek
Subject: Different MIDI Velocity settings for different instruments?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:28:31 +0200

Hello,

I made a LilyPond score for piano and 2 flutes.
When I examined the MIDI file, I discovered that all the Note On commands in the piano part had the Velocity parameter set to 90 while in both flute parts it was set constant at 62. May I know why different Velocity values are being used when I did not specify any requirement of that kind in my source ".ly" file?

Thank you.

Petr