Re: Lilypond

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Lilypond
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 17:18:31 +0200

Hi Laurent,

It is correct that all notes belonging to the same chord do have the same duration (though it is possible to change the note head for some notes to that of a different duration). Note that this behaviour is something you get from pretty much all notation softwares. If you want to notate parallel lines of different rhythm you should look into the handling of voices, see here https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices or even the whole section in the manual about simultaneous notes:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/simultaneous-notes

Generally I’d suggest you to read chaper 1 of the manual, as this will cover most of the basic requirements you’ll have.

Cheers,

Valentin