Re: LilyPond 2.23.13

From: Ya Gloops
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.13
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 08:41:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Jean !

Error 1073741819

\version "2.23.13"

$@(map (lambda (i)
         #{
           \bookpart {
             \score {
           \repeat unfold 100 c'1
         #})
        (iota 300))

Block on Fitting music on 171 or 172 pages...

\version "2.23.13"

$@(map (lambda (i)
         #{
             \score {
           \repeat unfold 100 c'1
             }
         #})
        (iota 300))

Le dimanche 18 septembre 2022 à 23:23:27 UTC+2, Jean Abou Samra
<jean@abou-samra.fr> a écrit :

Le 18/09/2022 à 18:49, Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user discussion a écrit :

> We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.13. This is
> termed a development release, but these are usually reliable. However,
> if you require stability, we recommend using version 2.22.2, the
> current stable release. Please refer to the Installing section in the
> Learning Manual for instructions how to set up the provided binaries:
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/learning/installing

A little call for testing:

There has been a bug for a while in the 2.23 series, happening only
on Windows, which would result in sporadic crashes with return code
-1073741819. See https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6361
if you are interested in further information.

In this release, the frequency at which the bug occurs seems much reduced,
although it can still be triggered under very specific circumstances
with Scheme code if you really try hard.

If you are on Windows, we encourage you to test this release on any
scores you might have, especially larger scores. If you encounter
any trouble, please get back to us on the bug-lilypond list
(bug-lilypond@gnu.org). If this bug still occurs under real-world
conditions, we would like to know it.

Thank you.