Re: issues with installing Lilypond

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: issues with installing Lilypond
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:55:33 +0200

Le 19/09/2022 à 19:55, Cluanie Fraser a écrit :

Hi Tim,

Thanks for responding. I’m really struggling as I’m quite out of depth with this tech stuff.

This is what shows up when I download the Lilypond file from the website and double click to open it.

The only bit of English in the file is at the top, where it says ‘this program cannot be run in DOS mode’ and I’m wondering if this is the reason why it isn’t working.

I tried downloading Denemo and that kind of worked but doesn’t let me edit the music in the lilypond text file, I can only do it graphically which isn’t ideal.

I appreciate any help; I feel like it shouldn’t be this difficult!

No, it shouldn't be difficult, but LilyPond has nothing to do with
it -- this looks like either your browser, your system or your
antivirus is trying to prevent you from using the file. In the
downloads list of your browser, maybe you have a button to accept
the file as safe? Or maybe when right-clicking on it in the file
explorer?

If these don't work, I would recommend trying to download the file
from another browser, like Firefox: https://firefox.com

Best,
Jean