Re: pitch-class sets in lilypond

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: pitch-class sets in lilypond
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:27:59 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Am 20.09.22 um 13:00 schrieb Stefan Thomas:
Dear community,
sorry, it's a bit an off topic: If You are not interested in pitch-class set theory, You don't have to read the following.
I've worked on a python module dealing with pitch-class set theory as I've read in "The structure of atonal music" by Allen Forte.
I know that there already exists some modules like that but I want to integrate it in lilypond.
I'm still working on this module, but at the  moment I can do:
I'm working on:
Let me know it if You are interested. Maybee it's only something of interest for nerdy persons like me, but maybee for others too.

I don't know if this is of use to you, but I created a bunch of LilyPond routines for dealing with PC sets (like in Forte, but also with a finer equivalence relation not identifying a set with its inverse) last year. I attach it unchanged, as I don't have time to clean it up at the moment; you'll probably want to uncomment some of the routines at the end to see what the functions do.

I'm curious: You write that you are working on a Python module; how does this integrate in LilyPond?

Lukas