Re: Is the default value for Beam.details.stem-length-demerit-factor too

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Is the default value for Beam.details.stem-length-demerit-factor too small?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 12:56:29 +0200

+1

On Sep 29, 2022 at 9:28 PM, <Valentin Petzel> wrote:

Hello Pondmates!

Doricos old development blog features an issue about Beams:

https://blog.dorico.com/2015/03/development-diary-part-10/

Daniel Spreadbury does remark on the the shortness of certain beamed Stems in Lilypond (Product C).

Increasing the Beam.details.stem-length-demerit-factor does prevent this and produces an in my eyes slightly better looking Beam.

Thus I hope to start a discussion on whether maybe Lilypond’s default value is maybe a bit too lenient on short Stems.

Cheers,

Valentin