Re: Score, DS and Coda Question

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Score, DS and Coda Question
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:34:43 -0700

On 2022-09-30 11:22 am, Greg Lindstrom wrote:
I've engraved a score which includes a "D.S." and Coda. I had no problem adding the Text (D.S. al Coda") and signs, but currently there is no break
in the score between after the measure to go back to the sign and the
actual coda. In other works I've seen, the Coda is "broken off" from the
main score to make it stand out.

I have ideas on how to do this but thought I'd ask because I went to the trouble to manually combine two parts in the score only to later discover the \partCombine feature. Before I try to "tong and hammer" this, is there
a better (easier, "lilypond") way?

Manually inserting a \break might suffice. That's all I do in my scores.

If you need more than that, the LSR [1] offers several ways to handle coda positioning. \pseudoIndent [2] is an especially powerful tool.

[1]: https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=coda
[2]: https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1098

-- Aaron Hill